Saturday, December 6, 2008

We Had A Happy Thanksgiving

Lots of driving.
We stopped to look at nature for awhile and to stretch our legs. Garrett found a pinecone.
Victoria and Garrett got very close to this deer.
We had been wanting to celebrate my husband's birthday and decided to take his gifts with us. So the first night we celebrated along the way. He was excited to get a John Cougar Mellencamp cd.
These hungry travellers are headed for the lobby. There will be free food there.
Here is our hotel lobby.
The food was just right.
We had fried chicken, cheeses, crackers and fruit.
Then out to the pool. Harrison liked watching the steam come off his skin.
We had a great time. The spa was just what my back needed.
Breakfast came with the hotel also. I love it when breakfast is included. Jessica and Garrett in the pool for an early morning swim. It was about 55 degrees, but they didn't care.
Thanksgiving morning. It's almost time to head over to our family's home, where Garrett will get to see his cousin.
Victoria and Jessica with their cousin Selkie.
They have a sweet llttle spot on their balcony.
Pretty wreath on their front door.
I like their simple elegant style. This is the kitchen.
Stacey peels potatoes.
Me helping to make the dinner.
Kara with her brother Stacey. Harrison and Aunt Kara doing the dishes. We had a wonderful time together.
This is their back yard. Very pretty.
Now it's off to San Francisco. I didn't include pictures of my brother Wade or our brother in law Tim, because I didn't get permission. I like to do that whenever possible.
There were so many tempting things to look at.
Harrison and Garrett got matching sunglasses.
Selkie wanted a bracelet.
Selkie found a store she likes She would love to get one, but we just had burgers and chocolate. One dozen cupcakes cost $36.
Jessica in the chocolate store. Harrison and Selkie at the Harley Davidson shop.
Some of the streets were quite steep.
Look at this dog with a cat on its back and a white rat on the cat's back. I couldn't believe it. I snapped this shot as quickly as I could.
I'd love to just make one of these wreathes; price for this one about $200. I think I could make it for around $12. Fun tea shop.
I love to look inside these kinds of shops. Someday Victoria would like to get one of these; either the bug style or the van.
There was a lot to see, but it is now time to head back to the car. Thanks for coming along with us. "For you are all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26

22 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip Kathi! What a neat area they live in. I love Kara's house. You guys are such a cute family and you made so many great memories! You look pretty in the hot tub with the kids!The kids looked like they were having such a great time! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, but we missed you hear with us though!

I love you!
Sharon

P.S. I love the picture of the dog, cat and rat!

Heather said...

wow, what a great trip! your husband and his sister look so much alike! you can so tell they are brother and sister, lol. you captured some great moments in your photos. i love pictures like that!

onlymehere said...

Now this is a fun family road trip! I love that wreath too and I noticed the little trees in another picture made out of the same colored but smaller ornaments! I have to say my favorite picture is the one of the kids all asleep in the car! That brought back to many memories. I'm curious to about Selkie's name....is it pronounced with a short "E" just how it looks? Very unique name and so pretty.

Jocelyn said...

We love road trips too! Looks like you guys had a total blast !

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was a lot of fun!

pam said...

How fun. We loved San Fran. I too think it would be fun to make a wreath like that---hmmm, I should start thinking about what colors and start looking. My mom had a table top tree with the balls.

Unknown said...

How fun! Do you remember the name of the tea shop? Your girls are gorgeous!

luvmy4sons said...

Good times! Great pics! The one with the cat and dog and rat was amazing. You guys surely enjoyed yourselves!

Dana said...

Looks like fun. San Francisco is fun to visit but thats about it:) I cant find that number, maybe you can google it. Its the gov's no call list:)

Cottage Contessa said...

It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of fun and family sweetie! Wishing you a lovely week ahead dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Linda said...

What a great trip and a lovely Thanksgiving, with lots of fun memories.
Isn't S.F. fun? You just never know what you'll see there. I'd really like the ornament wreatn and trees..both would be fun to make..hugs, Linda

Judy said...

What a fun trip your family had. It looks like your Thanksgiving was wonderful, I'm glad. I love looking in shops like that. Wow, $200 for the wreath?
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Judy

Elena said...

Wow, looks like you had a great trip! I love San Francisco. It has been a few years since I have been there but I have many fun memories of visiting there.

Sondra said...

Oh, I so enjoyed all the pictures. I can't believe the kids when swimming in that freezing water. The chocolate shop looks like it would be my favorite place. I saw that dog/cat/mouse guy on the news! So cool you got to see it for real. And the VW van- that is the same thing Austin wants. There is a blue on for sale near us for $1500 but it needs a lot of work. He really wants me to get it for him. At least he would have a few years to fix it up! LOL! Great post Kathi. So much fun.

Julieann said...

Ohhh, what a wonderful trip--loved ALL the pictures, but I have to admit--I loved the first one the best:))

JUlieann

j said...

You really DID have a great Thanksgiving. Love all of the photos. I was touched by the pics of your kids konked out in the car. There are some things that are the same from family to family.

Blessings Kathi.

Liz Harrell said...

What a wonderful trip Kathi. You have the sweetest family, you all look so happy.

Michelle said...

What awesome pictures, Kathi...looks like your family had such a wonderful time! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with the rest of us! I've never been out west :)

Have a wonderful Monday!

Hugs,
Michelle

Patina said...

It sounds and looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. What a fun time.

Nora Lee said...

Kathi,
It looks like everyone had a very busy fun trip! You did a great job documenting everything with the pictures. Please stop by and visit my Christmas Open House!

Sandra

Dana said...

I have an award for you:))

cherished*vintage said...

Welcome home! I've always loved visiting S.F - lots to do and see. Crazy how much that wreath cost! The Christmas ball trees in the tea shop are so pretty. Thanks for sharing great pics of your fun family trip.
-Karoline

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hey Kathi! I am shamefully behind on all my visits with Friends..wow..looks like I have a lot to catch up on. LOVE your photos..esp the ones of the kids tired in the car...LOL

Tell Hubby I love John Mellancamp too!!
Hugs,
Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails