Sunday, September 7, 2008

Beth Moore ~ My Favorite Author

I was first introduced to Beth Moore's Bible study workbooks March of 2007, after my dad had a serious stroke. I thought I was going to lose him. I may have been at my lowest point. My friend Debbie in Yakima, WA told me about Breaking Free. I got the workbook and did the study all by myself. I made a commitment to study each morning at 4:30 am for 45 min.
I feel that this in depth Bible study made me a more confident person, a person who laid it all down and depended totally on Jesus Christ. I had no hidden agenda. I gave all my fear, weaknesses, sin, sorrow, and junk to the Lord. I got closer to the Lord than ever before. I became whole and healed. There was joy and hope in my life. After that study I began Living Beyond Yourself, which teaches us how to develop the fruit of the Spirit in our daily living. Next, I did A Woman's Heart, which is incredible. I have never studied so hard in my life. I learned so much about the Old Testemant, and how Jesus Christ is woven completely through it as well as the New Testemant. It was wonderful. Then I completed Daniel which is about his life, which he lived in a pagan land. We are living in a pagan land, full of temptation like he was, but he kept his focus on God, and God used him in a mighty way. I loved each one of these, and was sad when I turned its last page.
Now it's time for a another one. This one is one of her first studies. I am excited to begin it. If you want to grow in your relationship with God. Beth Moore's Bible studies are excellent. They have changed my life. I am no longer fearful and fretting. I do still sin. I do still slip back and fear some things, but they don't have a hold on me like they used to. The Lord has placed my feet upon a ROCK. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you. I have summond you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

14 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

I just started doing this study with three other ladies. Online Beth said this is a great one for new believers which really made me laugh. The 4 of us together have been walking with Jesus for over 130 years. :) God threw this study together in 30sec. and that hand picked which one for us. So far it's been excellent. I've never done one of her studies. We're using Audio CD's of her teaching. We had heard God really lights a fire in you for the Word through her. This will be fun if you share about it along the way, to see what God is speaking to you.

onlymehere said...

Thanks for sharing these with me. I'm always interested in things that bring people closer to Jesus Christ and that make them feel good!

Elena said...

I really love Beth Moore studies too! She really has some wonderful insights into the Word of God.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Thank You Kathi for the book suggestions, sometimes I feel like you are speaking directly to me:) I just recently started my journey on uderstanding the bible and applying it to my life. What book should a newcomer start with?

Strawberry Blonde said...

I've just started the newest Beth Moore, Stepping Up. This is my first Beth Moore study and I am really looking forward to learning from God through Beth.

Hope you had fun with your hunnie!

-- Brandi

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I have yet to jump on the Beth Moore bandwagon, but it sure seems like I am missing out. I might have to put in a reserve at the library...Living Beyond Yourself looks quite interesting!

Kelly said...

You were the one who led me to Beth Moore and she has become my favorite also! Next month is a study group at church for one of her studies!!

Love,
kelly

ps sorry I haven't been by, both my kids have been sick, looking forward to each new day!!!

Sharon said...

Beth Moore is awesome, but I have failed to finish the one I started. Maybe I will pick it back up this fall. I am glad that they have been such a blessing in your life Kathi.

Have a happy Monday!

Hugs, Sharon

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

Hi Kathi, I LOVE Beth Moore, too! I have seen her live, participating in two of her conferences! She is amazing and has a wonderful praise team that travels with her...a Cotrell guy (sp?). Daniel was one of my favorites, too! And I love her book Feathers in my Nest! The tidbits of stories about her girls! Every mother needs to read that book over and over! :) ~Rhonda

Charlotte said...

What a wonderful example of how God can take something bad in our lives turn it for our good. I'm so happy that you have found such great faith. I haven't done any of Beth Moore's studies, but I have seen her on TV and think she is great. I'm sure her books are wonderful. I think this is also a good example of the scripture that says you will find me when you search for me with all your heart.

Judy said...

I have not done any of Beth Moore's studies. I'll have to go check them out.

Michelle said...

I was able to be a part of one Beth Moore Bible study and I also thought it was excellent! Guess I never thought of doing it on my own but I think that's a wonderful idea :)

Lori said...

I just thought I'd drop you a line to say with your recommendation, I am looking into Beth Moore and checking out one of her books at the library. I am not a SAHM, and am thinking about starting a BS with some of my coworkers. I had not heard of this author and am looking forward to finding out about her and her books. Thanks.

Deb said...

That's wonderful Kathi and it's something I really need to do. Thanks for sharing. I'll look for one of her studies while I'm out. Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails