Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday ~ Work Day

My husband faithfully prunes our apple trees. It takes him about a month to get all 21 trees complete. What happens to all those clipped branches? It takes about 21 trips with a trailer load out to our burn pile. All of us work together.


Sometimes I let our six year old Garrett play in the garden and make roads for his cars, but usually he works right along with us. At this point he was ready to go play in the dirt.

It takes several weeks to complete the job. We are almost done for the day. I need to get Garrett. I'm sure he had fun playing in the dirt.
This is what Garrett looked like when I found him. He actually had a wonderful time, but thought I'd be mad at how dirty he'd gotten. I wasn't mad. I'm just glad for another photo opportunity. I really do think that God loves us just like we love our little children. When they are dirty, we clean them up. When we go to God as a humble child and repent, He cleans us up. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

Happy Saturday ~ Kathi

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I bet the Apples are great. Would love to have one. Hard to find good ones in the store and we really have no markets.
Looks like alot of work.

Kelly said...

Ha! I thought he had black socks on!!
I bet he had a blast though!

Blessings~
Kelly

j said...

It looks like they both enjoy the 'Fruit of their labors' HAH! It's good for boys to work along side their fathers. It gives them a sense of responsibilty and how to be a man! YEA for Dad for letting him go! Jennifer

Brit. (lille meg) said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
I enjoy your blog!
I can see that you are a christian, and so am I. And then we have something in common.

I don't envy you the job in that tree,because I don't like to climb trees.

I will come back for another visit later, and wish you a good Sunday!

Rose of Sharon said...

Good morning Kathi,

Wow, what a hard day's work! I'm glad that you guys have gotten that done, it is probably nice knowing it is done for another year. Garrett looks so cute, by the looks of things, he had a great day!

Have a great Sunday. I love you, Sharon

P.S. I remember this song, we were driving out on the country roads near you looking for garage sales! Good times!

Sondra said...

Sounds like a big job! Wow! How great to be able to some hard work with your family. I have many many pictures of my boys covered in dirt. Those are the best ones.

Mimi said...

I stopped by to tell you that....
Your message bottle is now afloat in the vast blogosphere ocean. You are Message In a Bottle #33.
Feel free to toss in a bottle whenever you feel the urge to send a message. The blocean is always open.

Message In a Bottle #33

Nora Lee said...

Wow, that was a lot of hard work! I had to smile at your little boy so dirty from working so hard, it reminded me of my son when he was that age.

Sandra

Mimi said...

those delicious apples cost someone lots of work... and I guess you are the someone's...
your little one is adorable "dirt and all!"
have a wonderful week...

Cottage Contessa said...

It sounds like you all worked really hard together, and that's terrific. I love reading about how close your family are and how much you all do together, supporting each other. It's wonderful! Have a lovely week sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Cathy said...

lol, What a cute little boy. That was a sweet post, and I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for visiting my blog today. :o)

Irene said...

So nice seeing you all work together. i am sure God is overjoyed by families working and worshiping together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails